Our Cherry Wood for sale is a Domestic Hardwood species commonly used for cabinetry, fine furniture, interior flooring, interior moulding and trim, veneer, and specialty wood crafted items. Cherry Wood acquires a rich reddish-brown patina as it ages. It is often imitated with stains on other hardwoods such as Poplar and Maple. This seasoning process is accelerated by exposure to direct sunlight and the UV rays emitted. Cherry Lumber is very easy to work. Cherry Wood has a fine texture and is a strong relatively durable material. When fully aged, Cherry Wood becomes rich and dark. If you do not see the size(s) you require listed here please CALL US!
Available Cherry Wood For Sale – Prices Starting at $3.95/Board Foot*
|Length (In Feet)||Widths (In Inches)||Thickness (By 1/4″)||In Stock?|
|6′||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|7’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|8’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|9’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|10’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|12’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|14’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|16’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|18’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|20’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
Stock Info of Our Cherry Lumber For Sale:
- First and Second Quality – Color Sorted
- Plain Sawn (Run of the Mill Lumber)
- Quarter Sawn Available in Limited Quantities
- No Sapwood
- Some Pin Knots
- No Pithing (Rough Sawn Material Only)
- Reddish Brown Color – Wavy Grain
- Kiln Dried to 8% Moisture Content
- Limited in Widths under 4 inches
Rough Sawn Cherry Wood For Sale:
Our Rough Sawn Cherry Wood is readily available for shipment within 24 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S4S, or Finish Ready Cherry Wood Lumber.
S4S Cherry Wood For Sale:
Our S4S Cherry Wood takes a little more time to process. All of the Cherry Wood board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges are surfaced and straightened as well. Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker.
Finish Ready Cherry Wood Lumber For Sale
No prepping required! The Cherry Wood board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces. Edges have been surfaced and straightened. Once this step is completed we will sand left over imperfections of the Cherry Wood board(s) with 180 grit sand paper. No further sanding is required unless desired by the customer or wood worker. Shown above is a custom cherry wood butcher block counter.
Species Information of Our Cherry Wood
- OTHER NAMES: Black Cherry, American Cherry
- ORIGIN: North America
- APPEARANCE: Heartwood is a light pinkish brown when freshly milled. Darkens with age and exposure to sunlight to darker golden brown Sapwood is a pale yellow.
- DENSITY: Janka scale hardness is 950 for kiln dry material
- WEIGHT: 2.9lbs per board foot
- DRYING: Dries well with little to no degrading.
- WORKABILITY: Cherry Wood is easy to work with and machines very well. Closed pores and fine grain makes it difficult to stain.
- DURABILITY: Heartwood is very durable and resistant to rot and decay.
- PRESERVATION: The heartwood is moderately resistant to preservative treatment.
- FINISHING: Chery wood has good polishing characteristics; stains and finishes relatively well.
Please Note: The image(s) listed on this page are to demonstrate color and grain variation of the type of wood being described. The image is not intended as swatch to choose from. Wood is natural and ranges in color and grain pattern from tree to tree. Each individual board will have its own unique characteristics.