Our Cypress Wood for sale is a Domestic Hardwood mostly used for exterior construction, boat-building/restoration, interior trim, veneer, and moulding. Cypress Wood has a high rot and decay resistance making it a top choice in exterior construction applications. The color of Cypress Wood Lumber tends to be a light, yellowish brown. Sapwood is nearly white. Cypress Wood grain is straight with medium to coarse texture. Cypress Lumber is very easily worked, however sharp knives and cutters are strongly recommended to prevent any grain tear out. When being worked, Cypress Wood has been known to give off a sour swampy odor which fades over time. If you do not see the size(s) you require listed here please CALL US!
Available Cypress Wood Lumber For Sale – Prices Starting at $3.45/Board Foot
|Length (In Feet)||Widths (In Inches)||Thickness (By 1/4″)||In Stock?|
|6′||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|7’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|8’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|9’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|10’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|12’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|14’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|16’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|18’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|20’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
Stock Info of Our Cypress Lumber For Sale:
- Plain Sawn (Run of the Mill Lumber)
- No Sapwood
- Some Pin Knots
- No Pithing (Rough Sawn Material Only)
- Yellowish Brown Color – Straight Coarse Grain
- Kiln Dried to 8% Moisture Content
- Limited in Widths under 4 inches
Rough Sawn Cypress Lumber For Sale:
Our Rough Sawn Cypress Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S4S, or Finish Ready Cypress Wood Lumber.
S4S Cypress Wood
Our S4S Cypress Lumber takes a little more time to process. All of the Cypress Wood board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges are surfaced and straightened as well. Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker.
Finish Ready Cypress Lumber For Sale
No prepping required! The Cypress board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces. Edges have been surfaced and straightened. Once this step is completed we will sand left over imperfections of the Cypress Wood board(s) with 180 grit sand paper. No further sanding is required unless desired by the customer or wood worker. Shown above is a custom Cypress wood butcher block counter.
Species Information of Our Cypress Lumber For Sale:
- OTHER NAMES: Bald Cypress
- ORIGIN: Southeastern United States
- APPEARANCE: Color tends to be a light, yellowish brown. Sapwood is nearly white. Some boards can have scattered pockets of darker wood that have been attacked by fungi, which is sometimes called Pecky Cypress Wood.
- DENSITY: Janka scale hardness is 510 lb for kiln dry material
- WEIGHT: Cypress weighs approximately 2.6lbs per board foot.
- DRYING: Cypress Wood Lumber take slightly longer to dry compared to other softwoods.
- WORKABILITY: Cypress Wood is easy to work. Sharp knives, blades, and/or cutters are highly recommended to prevent grain tear out. Cypress Wood glues nicely. Nailing or screws acre acceptable to fasten. Cypress Wood can be painted.
- DURABILITY: Old-growth Cypress has a high resistance to rot or decay resistance. Younger Cypress is not as resistant.
- FINISHING: Cypress Wood finished well.
Note: The image(s) listed on this page are to demonstrate color and grain variation of the type of wood being described. The image is not intended as swatch to choose from. Wood is natural and ranges in color and grain pattern from tree to tree. Each individual board will have its own unique characteristics.