Our Hard Maple Wood for sale is a Domestic Hardwood also known as Sugar Maple when it is still a tree. This Sugar Maple tree is tapped in to for its tasty Maple syrup. Maple Wood Lumber is a hard dense material used in a wide variety of applications such as flooring, cabinetry, musical instruments, and butcher-blocks. Its straight grain and ultra-high absorbency makes it easy to machine and treat. CaribTeak.com‘s Hard Maple Wood Lumber for sale has a lower resistance to rot and decay, but is one of a woodworkers top picks when it comes to easy woods to work with for in-door applications! If you do not see the size(s) you require please CALL US!
Available Hard Maple Wood Lumber For Sale – Prices Starting at $3.95/Board Foot
|Length (In Feet)||Widths (In Inches)||Thickness (By 1/4″)||In Stock?|
|6′||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|7’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|8’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|9’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|10’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|12’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|14’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|16’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|18’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|20’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
Stock Info of Our Hard Maple Lumber For Sale:
- First and Second Quality – Select
- Plain Sawn (Run of the Mill Lumber)
- Quarter Sawn Available in Limited Quantities
- No Sapwood
- Some Pin Knots
- No Pithing (Rough Sawn Material Only)
- Pinkish Brown Color – Wavy Grain
- Kilon Dried to 8% Moisture Content
- Limited in Widths under 4 inches
Rough Sawn Hard Maple Wood
Our Rough Sawn Hard Maple Wood Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S4S, or Finish Ready Hard Maple Wood Lumber.
S4S Hard Maple Wood
Our S4S Hard Maple Wood takes a little more time to process. All of the Hard Maple Wood board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges are surfaced and straightened as well. Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker.
Finish Ready Hard Maple Wood Lumber For Sale
No prepping required! The Hard Maple board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces. Edges have been surfaced and straightened. Once this step is completed we will sand left over imperfections of the Hard Maple Wood board(s) with 180 grit sand paper. No further sanding is required unless desired by the customer or wood worker. Shown above is a custom Hard Maple wood butcher block counter.
Species Information of Our Hard Maple Lumber For Sale.
- OTHER NAMES: Sugar Maple or Rock Maple
- ORIGIN: North America
- APPEARANCE: Sapwood of Hard Maple lumber is most commonly used rather than its heartwood. Sapwood color ranges from nearly white, to an off-white cream color, sometimes with a reddish or golden hue. The heartwood tends to be a darker reddish brown. Birdseye Maple is a figure found most commonly in Hard Maple. Hard Maple can also be seen with curly or quilted grain patterns. Grain is generally straight, but may be wavy. Has a fine, even texture.
- DENSITY: Janka scale hardness is between 740 to 1250 for dry material
- WEIGHT: Anigre weighs in at an average between 30 and 36 lbs. / cu. ft., or approximately 2.5 to 3 lbs. per board foot
- DRYING: Seasons well without degrade
- WORKABILITY: Fairly easy to work with both hand and machine tools, though slightly more difficult than Soft Maple due to Hard Maple’s higher density. Maple has a tendency to burn when being machined with high-speed cutters such as in a router. Turns, glues, and finishes well, though blotches can occur when staining, and a pre-conditioner, gel stain, or toner may be necessary to get an even color.
- DURABILITY: Rated as non-durable to perishable, and susceptible to insect attack.
- PRESERVATION: Reported to have good treatability
- FINISHING: Rather difficult to finish. If left unfinished, Hard Maple will will turn gray when untreated and left unfinished.
Note: The image(s) listed on this page are to demonstrate color and grain variation of the type of wood being described. The image is not intended as swatch to choose from. Wood is natural and ranges in color and grain pattern from tree to tree. Each individual board will have its own unique characteristics.