Our Western Red Cedar Lumber for sale is considered to be a Domestic Hardwood. Like Spanish Cedar Wood, it too has a high resin content making it resistance to rot. It’s is also fragrant and bitter in taste and shields off insects and wood boring organisms. The most common uses of Western Red Cedar Lumber is for roof shingles, exterior siding, boatbuilding, boxes, crates, and musical instruments. The Western Red Cedar Lumber we stock is reddish brown, often with random streaks and bands of darker red/brown areas. The rich red coloring slowly turns to grey as it ages. This characteristic is perfect if you own a rustic cabin, a timeless cape, or a seaside cottage. Be the envy of your neighborhood with the rustic look of aged Western Red Cedar. Not sure if it’s right for you? Contact us for more guidance on our Western Red Cedar Lumber.
Available Western Red Cedar Lumber For Sale – Prices Starting at $4.95/Board Foot*
|Length (In Feet)||Widths (In Inches)||Thickness (By 1/4″)||In Stock?|
|6′||4” – 12”||4/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|7’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|8’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|9’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|10’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|12’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||YES|
|14’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|16’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|18’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|20’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 6/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
Stock Info of Our Western Red Cedar Lumber For Sale:
- First and Second Quality
- Rich Reddish Brown Color
- Minimal Sapwood (Less than 5%)
- Relatively Clear Boards – Some Sound Knots
- Lite Pithing (Rough Sawn Material Only)
- Light Weight Soft Material
- Kiln Dried to 10% Moisture Content
Rough Sawn Western Red Cedar Lumber For Sale:
Our Rough Sawn Western Red Cedar Wood Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S4S, or Finish Ready Western Red Cedar Wood.
S4S Western Red Cedar Wood For Sale
Our S4S Western Red Cedar Wood takes a little more time to process. All of the Western Red Cedar Wood board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges are surfaced and straightened as well. Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker.
Species Information of Our Western Red Cedar Wood For Sale:
- OTHER NAMES: Red Cedar
- ORIGIN: North America
- APPEARANCE: Heartwood is Reddish to pinkish brown with streaks of darker red/brown. Sapwood is yellowish white. Wester Red Cedar Wood grain is straight and moderately coarse. The scent of Western Red Cedar Wood is aromatic and clean.
- DENSITY: Janka scale hardness is 350 for kiln dry material
- WEIGHT: 2.9lbs per board foot
- DRYING: Dries well with little to no degrading.
- WORKABILITY: Western Red Cedar wood is easy to work with and machines very well.
- DURABILITY: Heartwood is very durable and resistant to rot and decay.
- PRESERVATION: The heartwood is moderately resistant to preservative treatment.
- FINISHING: Western Red Cedar wood has good polishing characteristics; stains and finishes relatively well.
Note: The image(s) listed on this page are to demonstrate color and grain variation of the type of wood being described. The image is not intended as swatch to choose from. Wood is natural and ranges in color and grain pattern from tree to tree. Each individual board will have its own unique characteristics. Our Western Red Cedar Hardwoods for sale is special ordered from our vendor or sawmill. Fulfillment times may vary, but generally take 3-5 days to arrive at our facility.