Our African Mahogany Lumber for sale, is a hardwood also known as Khaya. This beautiful and uniform hardwood is primarily used for flooring, furniture, cabinetry, boat building, veneer and decorative trim. African Mahogany Lumber is the closest alternative to Genuine (West Indian and/or Honduran) Mahogany Lumber. African Mahogany Lumber is being implemented in applications more now than ever due to the higher price of Genuine Mahogany Lumber and its outstanding look when compared to Sapele. It has a very similar color and graining but not as stable. The African Mahogany Tree can grow to be rather large making it possible to find wide long clear boards. If you do not see the size(s) you require listed here please CALL US!
Available African Mahogany Lumber For Sale – Prices Starting at $5.25/Board Foot*
|Length (In Feet)||Widths (In Inches)||Thickness (By 1/4″)||In Stock?|
|6′||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|7’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|8’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|9’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|10’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|12’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|14’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|16’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|18’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|20’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
Stock Info of Our African Mahogany Lumber For Sale:
- First and Second Quality – Select
- Plain Sawn (Run of the Mill Lumber)
- Quarter Sawn Available in Limited Quantities
- No Sapwood
- Some Pin Knots
- No Pithing (Rough Sawn Material Only)
- Pinkish Brown Color – Wavy Grain
- Kiln Dried to 8% Moisture Content
- Limited in Widths under 4 inches
Rough Sawn African Mahogany Lumber For Sale
Our Rough Sawn African Mahogany Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S4S, or Finish Ready African Mahogany Lumber.
S4S African Mahogany Lumber For Sale
Our S4S African Mahogany Wood takes a little more time to process. All of the African Mahogany board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges are surfaced and straightened as well. Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker.
Species Information of Our African Mahogany For Sale:
- OTHER NAMES: Khaya.
- ORIGIN: West Africa.
- APPEARANCE: Heartwood is uniform. Color of Grain is uniform pink- to red brown darkening to a rich mahogany brown over time. Sapwood is lighter in color but distinctive. Texture is relatively coarse. Grain is generally straight and consistent.
- DENSITY: Janka scale hardness is 1,350 for kiln dry material.
- WEIGHT: 3.5 – 4.2 lbs. per board foot.
- DRYING: Dries very slowly with little checking or warp.
- WORKABILITY: Easy to work with. Irregular grain a bit more difficult to surface. Glues nicely.
- DURABILITY: Heartwood is durable and resistant to termites. Sapwood is susceptible to beetle invasion.
- PRESERVATION: Heartwood is extremely resistant to treatments and stains. Sapwood moderately resistant to treatment and stains.
- FINISHING: Finishes nicely with natural polishes.
Please Note: The image(s) listed on this page are to demonstrate color and grain variation of the type of wood being described. The image is not intended as swatch to choose from. Wood is natural and ranges in color and grain pattern from tree to tree. Each individual board will have its own unique characteristics. Our African Mahogany Hardwoods for sale is special ordered from our vendor or sawmill. Fulfillment times may vary, but generally take 3-5 days to arrive at our facility.