Our Santos Mahogany Lumber for sale is most commonly used in furniture, flooring, cabinetry and trim. The Santos Mahogany tree is harvested mainly in Central and South America. Despite its name, Santos Mahogany Wood is not related to Genuine Mahogany in anyway. Santos Mahogany Lumber does have a Mahogany-like resemblance, but is typically much denser, harder, and stronger than true Mahogany. The grain is usually uniform and consistent. The color of Santos Mahogany is reddish brown turning to brownish purple with exposure to sunlight. If you do not see the size(s) you require listed here please CALL US!
Available Santos Mahogany Lumber For Sale – Prices Starting at $7.75/Board Foot*
|Length (In Feet)||Widths (In Inches)||Thickness (By 1/4″)||In Stock?|
|6′||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4||YES|
|7’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4||YES|
|8’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4||YES|
|9’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4||YES|
|10’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4||YES|
|12’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4||YES|
|14’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4||CONTACT US|
|16’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4||CONTACT US|
|18’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4||CONTACT US|
|20’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4||CONTACT US|
Stock Info of Our Santos Mahogany Lumber For Sale:
- First and Second Quality – Select
- Plain Sawn (Run of the Mill Lumber)
- Quarter Sawn Available in Limited Quantities
- No Sapwood
- Some Pin Knots
- Some Lite Pithing (Rough Sawn Material Only)
- Pinkish Brown Color Wavy Grain
- Kiln Dried to 9% Moisture Content
- Limited in Widths under 4 inches
Rough Sawn Santos Mahogany Lumber For Sale
Our Rough Sawn Santos Mahogany Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S4S, or Finish Ready Santos Mahogany.
S4S Santos Mahogany Lumber For Sale
Our S4S Santos Mahogany Wood takes a little more time to process. All of the Santos Mahogany board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges are surfaced and straightened as well. Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker.
Finish Ready Santos Mahogany Lumber For Sale
No prepping required! The Santos Mahogany board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces. Edges have been surfaced and straightened. Once this step is completed we will sand left over imperfections of the Santos Mahogany board with 180 grit sand paper. No further sanding is required unless desired by the customer or wood worker.
Species Information of Our Santos Mahogany For Sale:
- OTHER NAMES: Cabreuva, Cabriuva
- ORIGIN: Brazil, Southern Region of Mexico through-out Central America in to Argentina.
- APPEARANCE: Heartwood reddish brown turning deep red or purplish upon exposure to sunlight. Grain is relatively uniform. Sapwood is white. Medium to high luster when surfaced.
- DENSITY: Janka scale hardness is 2,200 for kiln dry material
- WEIGHT: 4.5 – 5.2 lbs. per board foot
- DRYING: 4% Shrinkage from green to kiln dry.
- WORKABILITY: Moderately difficult to work with. Higher dulling capabilities of knives, blades and cutters than usual.
- DURABILITY: Heartwood is highly resistant to decay or rot.
- PRESERVATION: Highly resistant to treatments.
- FINISHING: Finished with natural polishes.
Note: The image(s) listed on this page are to demonstrate color and grain variation of the type of wood being described. The image is not intended as swatch to choose from. Wood is natural and ranges in color and grain pattern from tree to tree. Each individual board will have its own unique characteristics.