Our stock of Sapele Lumber for sale is used in the manufacturing of fine furniture, cabinetry, decorative veneers, moulding and flooring. Sapele Wood generally has consistent uniform grain, however pieces with a “ribbon” grain are usually requested and hand selected for decorative applications. The color of Sapele Wood is dark reddish brown or purplish brown. The heartwood of Sapele Lumber can have a rich smell similar to Cedar Wood. This scent makes relatively resistant to termite infestation. The sapwood of Sapele Wood is white to pale yellow in color. Sapele Lumber is a very durable wood that stains easy and finishes well. It works easily with sharp blades and knives and glues nicely. It is a very cost effective alternative to Genuine West Indian Mahogany. If you do not see the size(s) you require listed here please CALL US!
Available Sapele Wood For Sale – Prices Starting at $5.35/Board Foot*
|Length (In Feet)||Widths (In Inches)||Thickness (By 1/4″)||In Stock?|
|6′||4” – 12”||4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4||YES|
|7’||4” – 12”||4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4||YES|
|8’||4” – 12”||4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4||YES|
|9’||4” – 12”||4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4||YES|
|10’||4” – 12”||4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4||YES|
|12’||4” – 12”||4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4||YES|
|14’||4” – 12”||4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4||CONTACT US|
|16’||4” – 12”||4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4||CONTACT US|
|18’||4” – 12”||4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4||CONTACT US|
|20’||4” – 12”||4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4||CONTACT US|
Stock Info of Our Sapele Lumber For Sale:
- First and Second Quality – Select
- Plain Sawn and Quarter Sawn
- Mixed Grain
- No Sapwood
- No Knots
- No Pithing (Applies to Rough Sawn Material Only)
- Pinkish Brown Color Wavy Grain
- Kiln Dried to 9% Moisture Content
- Limited in Widths under 4 inches
Rough Sawn Sapele Lumber For Sale
Our Rough Sawn Sapele Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S4S, or Finish Sapele Lumber.
S4S Sapele Lumber For Sale
Our S4S Sapele Wood takes a little more time to process. All of the Sapele Wood board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges are surfaced and straightened as well. Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker.
Finish Ready Sapele Lumber For Sale
No prepping required! The Sapele board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces. Edges have been surfaced and straightened. Once this step is completed we will sand left over imperfections of the Sapele Wood board with 180 grit sand paper. No further sanding is required unless desired by the customer or wood worker.
Species Information of Our Sapele Lumber For Sale:
- ORIGIN: Africa, ranging from the Ivory Coast to the Cameroons and eastward through Zaire to Uganda
- OTHER NAMES: Sapele Mahogany, Sapelle, Sapelli, Sapelii
- APPEARANCE: Heartwood is dark reddish brown or purplish brown; sapwood white to pale yellow. Texture rather fine; Grain is sometimes wavy in plain sawn material. Uniform grain on quarter sawn material.
- DENSITY: Janka scale hardness is 1,500 for kiln dry material
- WEIGHT: 3.5 lbs. per board foot
- DRYING: Dries rapidly with tendency to warp. Requires careful stacking when storing.
- WORKABILITY: Works well with hand and machine tools. Tendancy to tear when surfacing. Cuts easily. Glues easily. Nails easily.
- DURABILITY: Heartwood is moderately durable and relatively resistance to termite attac. Sapwood liable to powder-post beetle attack.
- FINISHING: Finishes well; Absorbent to stains and lacquers.
Note: The image(s) listed on this page are to demonstrate color and grain variation of the type of wood being described. The image is not intended as swatch to choose from. Wood is natural and ranges in color and grain pattern from tree to tree. Each individual board will have its own unique characteristics.