Our Spanish Cedar Lumber for sale boasts excellent resistance to rot, making it a good choice for outdoor projects. It’s fragrant aroma and bitter taste is a natural deterrent to insects and wood boring organisms. Our Spanish Cedar Lumber for sale is everything and more! At first glance it can resemble Genuine Mahogany. It is purposed for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor applications such as cigar boxes, cigar box humidifiers, boat building, pattern work, furniture, and doors. The Spanish Cedar we carry is usually straight-grained, wavy, curly and mottled grained. It is easy on tools and cutters, but the low density and softness make it prone to splintering. The pinkish orange color, consistent grain, and low weight is a wood-workers dream! Using sharp blades and/or knives is highly recommended when processing to prevent wooliness. Staining and polishing can be difficult due to presence of gum, but a good finish is obtainable with suitable filling. We carry some very unique pieces in a wide range of dimensions! To our knowledge we are the leading Spanish Cedar Lumber supplier in Florida.
Available Spanish Cedar Lumber For Sale – Prices Starting at $4.85/Board Foot*
|Length (In Feet)||Widths (In Inches)||Thickness (By 1/4″)||In Stock?|
|6′||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|7’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|8’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|9’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|10’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|12’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|14’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|16’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|18’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
|20’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||CONTACT US|
Stock Info of Our Spanish Cedar Lumber For Sale:
- First and Second Quality
- Absolutely No Sapwood (Less than 5%)
- Relatively Clear Boards – Some Sound Knots
- Lite Pithing (Rough Sawn Material Only)
- Light Weight Soft Material
- Air Dried to 9 to 12% Moisture Content
Rough Sawn Spanish Cedar Wood Lumber For Sale
Our Rough Sawn Spanish Cedar Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S4S, or Finish Ready Spanish Cedar Lumber.
S4S Spanish Cedar Lumber For Sale
Our Spanish Cedar Lumber takes a little more time to process. All of the Spanish Cedar board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges are surfaced and straightened as well. Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker.
Finish Ready Spanish Cedar Lumber For Sale
No prepping required! The Spanish Cedar board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces. Edges have been surfaced and straightened. Once this step is completed we will sand left over imperfections of the Spanish Cedar board(s) with 180 grit sand paper. No further sanding is required unless desired by the customer or wood worker.
Species Information of Our Spanish Cedar Wood For Sale:
- OTHER NAMES: Red Cedar
- ORIGIN: South America, Central America, West Indies
- APPEARANCE: Heartwood is Reddish to pinkish brown with streaks of darker red/brown. Sapwood is yellowish white. Wester Red Cedar Wood grain is straight and moderately coarse. The scent of Spanish Cedar Wood is aromatic and clean.
- DENSITY: Janka scale hardness is 350 for kiln dry material
- WEIGHT: 2.9lbs per board foot
- DRYING: Dries well with little to no degrading.
- WORKABILITY: Spanish is easy to work with and machines very well. Closed pores and fine grain makes it difficult to stain.
- DURABILITY: Heartwood is very durable and resistant to rot and decay.
- PRESERVATION: The heartwood is moderately resistant to preservative treatment.
- FINISHING: Spanish Cedar wood has good polishing characteristics; stains and finishes relatively well.
Note: The image(s) listed on this page are to demonstrate color and grain variation of the type of wood being described. The image is not intended as swatch to choose from. Wood is natural and ranges in color and grain pattern from tree to tree. Each individual board will have its own unique characteristics.