Caribbean Teak & Lumber Supply, L.L.C. currently has over 10,000 cubic feet of Trinidad Teak logs harvested and 15,000+ board feet of Trinidad Teak Wood milled and ready for delivery. Our Teak comes from Trinidad and is not to be confused with Plantation Teak.
Trinidad Teak Lumber is slightly less expensive than FEQ Burmese Teak Lumber. Its grain is mixed, wild and wavy. Trinidad Teak Wood is primarily used in furniture applications and cabinetry. Although Trinidad Teak Wood has a high silica content, making it able to withstand the elements, it’s life expectancy is not as long as FEQ Burmese Teak. The life expectancy of Trinidad Teak Wood is approximately 25 to 30 years without any treatment.
We have a wide selection of lengths, widths, and thicknesses. We sell all of our Trinidad Teak Lumber by the board foot. If you do not see the size(s) you require listed here please CALL US!
Available Trinidad Teak Wood For Sale – Prices Starting at $13.95/Board Foot*
|6′||4” – 8”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|7’||4” – 8”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|8’||4” – 8”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|9’||4” – 8”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|10’||4” – 8”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|12’||4” – 8”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|14’||4” – 8”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||PLEASE CALL|
|16’||4” – 8”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||PLEASE CALL|
|18’||4” – 8”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||PLEASE CALL|
|20’||4” – 8”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||PLEASE CALL|
Stock Info of Our Trinidad Teak Wood For Sale:
- First and Second Quality – Select
- Plain Sawn (Run of the Mill Lumber)
- Little To No Sapwood (Usually on one side/face only/Less than 5%)
- Some Fixed and Water Tight Knots
- Some Lite Pithing (Rough Sawn Material Only)
- Some Waned/Live Edges (Rough Sawn Material Only)
- Golden Brown Wild to Wavy Inconsistent Grain
- Air Dried to 10-12% Moisture Content
- Limited in Widths Wider than 8 inches
Rough Sawn Trinidad Teak Lumber
Our Rough Sawn Trinidad Teak Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S4S, or Finish Ready Teak.
S4S Trinidad Teak Lumber
Our S4S Trinidad Teak Wood takes a little more time to process. All of the Teak board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges are surfaced and straightened as well. Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker.
- OTHER NAMES: Teak, Tecca, Caribbean Teak, Black Heart Teak
- ORIGIN: Native Trinidad, W.I.
- APPEARANCE: Heartwood light golden yellow that turns to darker brown with exposure to sunlight. Can vary in color when freshly milled showing blotches and streaks in various colors. Sapwood is usually pale yellow to creamy white. Grain straight and sometimes wavy. The Texture is coarse and uneven with a waxy feel due to high silica content.
- DENSITY: Janka scale hardness is 1,005 for kiln dry material.
- WEIGHT: 3.5 lbs. per board foot
- DRYING: Dries very slowly with little to no degrade.
- WORKABILITY: Easily worked when knives, blades, and cutters are very sharp. May have blunting effect over short period of time. Glues exceptionally well. May sometimes cause dermatitis to some individuals with skin allergies.
- DURABILITY: Heartwood is very durable with resistance to termites, decay or rot. PRESERVATION: Highly resistant to preservative treatments and stains
- FINISHING: Finishes well, Teak oil is a standard finish
Trinidad Teak Wood vs Plantation Teak Wood
Caribbean Teak & Lumber Supply, L.L.C., only harvests Slow Organic Growth Teak Lumber. The fields in which our trees are harvested from are not irrigated nor are they fertilized. This prevents our trees from growing rapidly and having tabbed growth rings, ensuring that its finished product will hold its genuine beauty. The color of the wood is a rich dark golden brown. The teak trees we harvest are a minimum of 35-40 years old. Since the tree is not as mature as a 100 year old Burmese Teak tree the grain tends to be wild to wavy. Knots and light pithing may be present in some pieces. Average widths of Trinidad Teak lumber is 6-8″.
Our Trinidad Teak was originally derived from Burmese seeds and cultivated on the island of Trinidad in the Caribbean over 100 years ago.
Note:The image(s) listed on this page are to demonstrate color and grain variation of the type of wood being described. The image is not intended as swatch to choose from. Wood is natural and ranges in color and grain pattern from tree to tree. Each individual board will have its own unique characteristics. Our Trinidad Teak Hardwoods for sale is special ordered from our vendor or sawmill. Fulfillment times may vary, but generally take 3-5 days to arrive at our facility.