Our Genuine West Indian Mahogany Lumber for sale is the top seller of all the types of Mahogany Lumber we carry. There is no significant difference between West Indian Mahogany and Genuine Mahogany. As a matter of fact, they are pretty much the exact same species. Genuine Mahogany, also known as Honduran Mahogany, is grown in Central and South America. West Indian Mahogany is cultivated on the island of Trinidad, just off the coast of Venezuela. There are however many differences when compared to Santos Mahogany, Sapele, or African Mahogany.
This Genuine Mahogany has a pinkish complexion which develops into a reddish brown as the wood ages. It has the highest rot and decay resistance amongst the other types of Mahogany we sell. The Genuine West Indian Mahogany Lumber we carry also has very consistent grain and has few knots or voids. This gives the wood a smooth even grain pattern which makes it ideal for fine furnishings and wood craft. It is used in an array of applications such as boat building, guitar manufacturing, and custom cabinetry. Its appearance and character can vary from time to time. To control this we constantly inspect and adjust our procedure to ensure consistent quality is being produced.
Genuine Mahogany Wood can be expensive, but consumers are often willing to pay the price for its visual appeal and rugged durability. It is always in stock in a variety of widths, thicknesses, and lengths to suit any project’s needs. If you do not see the size(s) you require listed here please CALL US!
Available West Indian Mahogany Lumber For Sale – Prices Starting at $8.95/Board Foot*
|Length (In Feet)||Widths (In Inches)||Thickness (By 1/4″)||In Stock?|
|6′||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|7’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|8’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|9’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|10’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|12’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES|
|14’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES PLEASE CONTACT US|
|16’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES PLEASE CONTACT US|
|18’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES PLEASE CONTACT US|
|20’||4” – 12”||4/4 – 5/4 – 8/4||YES PLEASE CONTACT US|
Stock Info of Our Genuine West Indian Mahogany Lumber For Sale:
- First and Second Quality – Select
- Plain Sawn (Run of the Mill Lumber)
- Quarter Sawn Available in Limited Quantities
- No Sapwood
- Some Pin Knots
- Some Lite Pithing (Rough Sawn Material Only)
- Pinkish Brown Color Consistent Grain
- Air Dried to 10-12% Moisture Content
- Limited in Widths under 4 inches
Rough Sawn West Indian Mahogany Lumber For Sale
Our Rough Sawn West Indian Mahogany Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S4S, or Finish Ready Mahogany Lumber.
S4S African Mahogany Lumber For Sale
Our S4S African Mahogany Wood takes a little more time to process. All of the African Mahogany board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges are surfaced and straightened as well. Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker.
Species Information of Our Genuine West Indian Mahogany For Sale:
- OTHER NAMES: Honduran Mahogany, Genuine Mahogany
- ORIGIN: Trinidad, W.I.
- APPEARANCE: Heartwood pinkish brown becoming deep red or somewhat purplish upon exposure. Grain is fairly uniform to striped. Sapwood is white and failry noticeable. Medium to high luster.
- DENSITY: Janka scale hardness is 2,200 for dry kiln dry material
- WEIGHT: 4.5 – 5.2 lbs. per board foot
- DRYING: Shrinkage from green to ovendry: radial 3.8%; tangential 6.2%; volumetric 10.0%. These values are very low for a wood of this high density
- WORKABILITY: Moderately difficult to work. Causes common dulling of knines and cutters.
- DURABILITY: The heartwood is highly resistant to decay.
- PRESERVATION: Both sapwood and heartwood are highly resistant to preservative treatments
- FINISHING: Can be finished smoothly with a high natural polish
Note: The image(s) listed on this page are to demonstrate color and grain variation of the type of wood being described. The image is not intended as swatch to choose from. Wood is natural and ranges in color and grain pattern from tree to tree. Each individual board will have its own unique characteristics. Our West Indian Mahogany Hardwoods for sale is special ordered from our vendor or sawmill. Fulfillment times may vary, but generally take 3-5 days to arrive at our facility.