Pricing – Deposits – Returns – Exchanges – Cancelled Orders
- Pricing – All material is priced and quoted by board foot. If you are unsure how to convert your measurements to board footage, please visit our Contact Us Page to view the board foot conversion formula. Price per board foot on all of our material is quoted F.O.B. and does not include any shipping costs, state or local sales taxes if applicable.
- Deposits – A 50% deposit will be required on orders that involve processing such as surfacing or re-sawing. Deposits will also be required if the order total costs meets or exceeds $3500.00 USD.
- Returns – No returns or credit will be offered on orders/material that has been signed for and accepted by customer. The customer must inspect the entire order prior to accepting the delivery. Once you sign your delivery confirmation provided by the carrier, your materials will be considered to be delivered in acceptable condition. Should you receive an order than is damaged or incorrect please CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY. Damaged Orders: The material must show physical signs of damage in order for us to be able to approve a return authorization. Sending us photos of issues helps expedite the claims process. Minimal knots, checking less than 1.5″, lite pith, and sapwood is not considered to be damage or defect of the material. Incorrect Orders: If you receive an incorrect order such as mismatched piece count, please call us. We will handle this issue in a timely manner. Processed Material: No returns or credit will be offered on material that has been processed by either Caribbean Teak & Lumber Supply, LLC or the customer. If the material has been re-sawn, planed, ripped, molded, nailed, drilled, etc. it will be ineligible for return or credit.
- Exchanges – All exchanges are up to the discretion of the Returns Department. All accepted exchanges will be subject to a 15% restocking fee and any return shipping costs involved. This amount will be deducted from your refund. The balance of your refund will be applied to your new order should you choose to reorder. No exchanges will be accepted on material that has been processed by either Caribbean Teak & Lumber Supply, LLC or by the customer. If the material has been re-sawn, planed, ripped, molded, nailed, drilled, etc. it will be ineligible for exchange.
- Cancelled Orders – Rough Sawn Material Orders: Can be cancelled without 15% restocking fee charge within 24 hours of placing your order. If an order is placed, processed and ready to ship and needs to be cancelled the customer must notify us 48 hours prior to order being shipped. This order will be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Processed/Surfaced Material Orders: No exchanges will be accepted on material that has been processed or surfaced by Caribbean Teak & Lumber Supply, LLC. If the material has been re-sawn, planed, ripped, molded, nailed, drilled, etc. it will be ineligible order cancellation.
- Lead Times – Lead times are estimates and cannot be guaranteed. We try our best to gauge delivery and availability of all our material, however forces of nature beyond our control have to be taken in to account.
Full Truckload – LTL – Packaged Shipping – Local Delivery – Overseas Shipments
- FTL Shipments – Full Truckload Shipments are available and will be booked and handled directly by Caribbean Teak & Lumber Supply, LLC, unless other wise specified. We ensure that your full truckload order will be loaded correctly to ensure a safe intact delivery. We strive to obtain the best rate possible and will gladly compare our rates to yours in-order to determine who has the more affordable price.
- LTL Shipments – Less than Truck Load shipments applies to bundle(s) or small quantities heading a distance of 100 miles or more from our distribution center in Jupiter, Florida. These shipments generally take a 3-7 business days to arrive at its destination depending on your location. We use a wide variety of carriers such as Estes®, Conway Freight®, and R&L Carriers® to name a few. We usually pick the carrier that provides the lowest rate and fastest transit time.
- Packaged Shipments – Packaged Shipments applies to orders of 5 pieces of material or less, not exceeding a weight of 60lbs, and not measuring more than 60″. These shipments do not require being sent on a pallet and can be handled by hand. Packaged shipments are usually banded or wrapped in shrink wrap and then boxed. We use Fed-Ex Ground and/or UPS, whoever has the lowest rate, to ship these types of packaged orders. All packaged shipments take 1 business day to arrive to its delivery location within Florida, and up to 7 business days to arrive to its destination outside of Florida.
- Local Deliveries – Local Deliveries are available directly by Caribbean Teak & Lumber Supply, LLC. Depending on the order size, delivery distance, and location, rates can range from $25 to $75. We provide local deliveries within a 100 mile radius of our distribution center in Jupiter, Florida. Your order will be delivered on a flatbed and it is the customers responsibility to ensure unload happens in a safe and timely manner.
- Overseas/International Shipments – We ship to the Bahamas and the rest of the Caribbean Islands weekly. We use two ocean carriers: Crowley and Tropical Shipping. There are no standard rates for shipping lumber overseas, however we have specially negotiated rates with these two carriers to make the cost more affordable to our customers. We can ship full container load(s) (FCL) or less than a container load (LCL). All overseas shipments will be bundled and banded with the right packaging materials to ensure safe delivery. Shipping times will vary depending on carriers sailing schedule. Customer is responsible for electing the freight as prepaid or collect at the time of confirming your order. If not specified all freight charges will ship as freight collect. The customer will be responsible for handling all freight charges at the port of destination.
- Customs Duties and Import Taxes – All customs duties and import taxes due in country of destination are the responsibility of the customer or consignee.
- Domestic Shipments – The customer(s) must specify whether the delivery address is a commercial or residential. Domestic shipping rates do not include accessorial charges (i.e. lift-gates, limited access, inside delivery, notify/appointments, etc.) unless requested. Accessorials requested by the consignee will be added to the freight bill and charged accordingly. Same terms apply for carriers who deem certain accessorials necessary at the time of delivery. Carriers need a minimum 2 hour window for pick up and the majority of the time they will need until later in the afternoon. Typically pick ups are made after 2 P.M. Carriers do not pick up or deliver on weekends. Carriers do not count the day of pick, weekends, or holidays in to their transit times. All transit times are estimated unless guaranteed. Any additional shipping charges incurred due to misinformation provided when submitting an order will be forwarded to the customer.
- Shipping Quotes and Estimates – All shipping estimates and quotes are subject to change at any given time. In order to provide you the most accurate shipping rate, accurate delivery information must be submitted by the customer. Domestic Shipments: All Shipments: Once your order is ready to be shipped, we will generate a bill of lading and fax/email to the customer. The order will be able to be tracked using the information listed on the bill of lading. Your delivery instructions cannot be changed once a bill of lading has been generated.
- Ship It Yourself – If you prefer to coordinate your own shipping please let us know! We will require a faxed or emailed copy of your bill of lading and shipping instructions 48 hours prior to your scheduled pick up. We will gladly compare our shipping rates to yours to see which is more cost effective.
We accept Company Check, Personal Check, Bank Check, Wire Transfer, and PayPal®.
- PayPal Payment(s) – We do not accept credit cards unless the payment is processed through PayPal. There is a 3.5% merchant services fee for using PayPal. A PayPal invoice will be emailed to you in order for you to submit your payment. You are not required to have a PayPal account in order to submit your payment. You will not be required to share your payment information with anyone. This method of payment is the fastest, most safe, and reliable for both parties involved.
- Wire Transfer Payment(s) – We accept wire transfer payments. All wire transfer payments will be subject to a $16 wire transfer fee unless waived by billing department. Your order(s) will released for shipment once transfer confirmation is received.
- Bank Check(s) and Company Check(s) – Bank and Company Check(s) payments are accepted. We do not require the check to clear the bank before processing your order. Once the check(s) is received we will begin to build your order and prepare for shipment.
- Personal Check(s) – Payment with a Personal Check will be held for 24 hours until it has cleared before for your order has began to be processed. We try our best to cut this waiting period time down by depositing the check the day it is received.
- Payment Terms – No payment terms or plans will be issued unless approved by the accounts receivable department. All orders will be treated as PUD (Payment Upon Delivery). We require payment on all orders prior to it shipping.
Caribbean Teak & Lumber Supply, L.L.C. respects the privacy of the users of our website.
- Disclosing Personal Information – We will not disclose your personal information to anyone outside of CaribTeak.com or Caribbean Teak & Lumber Supply without your prior consent or if we are required to do so by law.
- Personal Information – A user can browse our websites without providing any personal information. However, to inquire about our products and services, we may ask the user to provide limited information such as name, email address and shipping details. We never request your credit card information through our website. A live in-house representative will go over your order details before sending you a PayPal invoice. This process by Caribbean Teak is implemented to prevent unauthorized use of information provided. The information we ask users to provide will be used primarily to provide users with the information they request via our websites, for example to provide product quotes and information on our woods.
- Anonymous Information – Caribbean Teak may collect certain anonymous, non-personal web log information (such as your web browser history and the pages visited). The purpose of this information is to learn about the users of our website in general and improve our overall offering and appeal.