- Other Names: Oak
- Origin: North America
- Appearance: Heartwood is light to medium brown when freshly milled and will show signs of an olive cast. Sapwood is white to light brown. Some boards may be reflective. Grain is straight with coarse uneven texture.
- Density: Janka scale hardness is 1350 for kiln dry material
- Weight: 3.9lbs per board foot
- Drying: Dries well with little to no degrading and high shrinkage.
- Workability: White Oak Wood is easy to work with and machines very well. Can react with metals. Cuts, sands, and glues nicely.
- Durability: Heartwood is very durable and resistant to rot and decay. Can be used in marine applications.
- Preservation: The heartwood is moderately adherent to preservative treatment.
- Finishing: White Oak wood has good polishing characteristics; stains and finishes very well.
Quality & Grade
- First and Second Quality – FAS
- Plain Sawn / Flat Sawn
- Quarter Sawn Available in Limited Quantities
- Minimal Sapwood
- Minimal to No Defects
- White to Light Brown Color – Wavy Grain
- Kiln Dried to 8-10% Moisture Content
Interesting White Oak Hardwood Facts
- The White Oak Wood Tree is the state tree of Connecticut, Illinois, and Maryland.
- Connecticut’s state quarter is minted with a picture of the White Oak Tree.
- In the 1700’s American builders used White Oak Hardwood to build naval ships.
Surfaced White Oak Hardwood
We can surface your White Oak Wood order in two different ways.
- S2S (Surfaced Two Sides) – The White Oak Wood board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges remain rough and will need to be straightened by the customer or woodworker. Starting Cost: $.35 and up per BF.
- S4S (Surfaced Four Sides) – The White Oak Wood Board(s) will be surfaced on all four sides to a smooth finish. The board will be straight and ready for glue up. Starting Cost: $.50 and up per BF.
Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker once the project is near complete.
Additional lead time may be required if your order requires surfacing.
Rough Cut White Oak Hardwood
Our Rough Sawn White Oak Hardwood Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 to 48 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S2S or S4S White Oak Wood Lumber.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to copy and paste a list of the material you are inquiring about in the message area of the form. The more information you provide, like length(s), width(s), and thickness, the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Check out our Policies Page and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!