- Other Name: Cabreuva or Cabriuva
- Origin: Southern Region of Mexico through-out Central America in to Argentina as well as Brazil
- Appearance: Heartwood is reddish brown turning deep red or purplish upon exposure to sunlight. The grain is relatively uniform with white sapwood is white. Medium to high luster when surfaced.
- Density: Janka scale hardness is 2,200 for kiln dry material
- Weight: 4.5 – 5.2 lbs. per board foot
- Drying: 4% Shrinkage from green to kiln dry.
- Workability: Moderately difficult to work with. Higher dulling capabilities of knives, blades and cutters.
- Durability: Heartwood is highly resistant to decay or rot.
- Preservation: Highly resistant to treatments.
- Finishing: Can be natural polishes to finish.
Quality & Grade
- FAS – Select and Better
- Plain Sawn / Quarter Sawn
- No Sapwood
- Minimal to No Defects Some
- Pinkish Brown Color Wavy Grain
- Kiln Dried to 9-11% Moisture Content
Interesting Santos Mahogany Hardwood Facts
- Santos Mahogany was once used for railroad cross ties.
- Santos Mahogany is harder, stronger and more dense than Genuine Mahogany.
- Santos Mahogany has a spicy aroma that is similar to vanilla.
Surfaced Santos Mahogany Hardwood
We can surface your Santos Mahogany Hardwood order in two different ways.
- S2S (Surfaced Two Sides) – The Santos Mahogany Wood board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges remain rough and will need to be straightened by the customer or woodworker. Starting Cost: $.35 and up per BF.
- S4S (Surfaced Four Sides) – The Santos Mahogany Wood Board(s) will be surfaced on all four sides to a smooth finish. The board will be straight and ready for glue up. Starting Cost: $.50 and up per BF.
Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker once the project is near complete.
Additional lead time may be required if your order requires surfacing.
ROUGH CUT CHERRY WOOD
Our Rough Sawn Santos Mahogany Hardwood Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 to 48 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S2S or S4S Santos Mahogany Hardwood Lumber.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to copy and paste a list of the material you are inquiring about in the message area of the form. The more information you provide, like length(s), width(s), and thickness, the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Check out our Policies Page and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!