Rich. Timeless. Elegant.
That’s what our customers say when referring to our Custom Made Teak Shower Floors and Bath Mats. We have what it takes to make your ideas or designs into one-of-a-kind product. Our Teak shower floors and bath mats can transform any stand-in shower or shower area in to a tranquil environment while promoting a safer non-skid environment. Our Teak shower floors and bath mats are fully customized to fit just about any space and budget. If you prefer the dark rich color of oiled teak or the warm beauty of natural teak, every aspect of your design will be implemented into a beautiful work of art. Your custom Teak Shower Floor or Bath Mat will be functional and will enhance any setting for many years to come.
It truly was a pleasure working with Chip, Joanna, and the Magnolia Homes team. The pictures below are of the nine foot teak shower floor and eight foot partition we constructed out of solid Trinidad Teak. These two pieces took approximately 40 hours to manufacture. This project went off without a hitch and shipped right on time from our shop in Jupiter, Florida to Magnolia Homes in Waco, Texas. We are proud to say we made the Aguilar family’s master-bath a dream come true!
How It’s Made
Our Teak Shower Floors and Bath mats are constructed using FEQ Burmese Teak Wood.
- FEQ Burmese Teak Wood – Straight Uniform Grain
We use marine grade adhesive and stainless steel fasteners to assemble our Teak Shower Floors. In addition, we add soft rubber feet to promote drainage of the shower area. Once fully constructed we sand your Teak Shower Floor to a smooth even finish.
Please Note: It is the customers responsibility to provide accurate measurements of the shower area. Carib Teak Inc. is not responsible for any mistakes made on the customers part. Please refer to all of our policy page for further information.
Custom Flooring Cost
The cost to manufacture a Teak Shower Floor or Bath Mat is surprisingly economical. Since each shower floor is different in it’s own way, we price your floor by the square foot and use FEQ Burmese Teak wood to manufacture each one.
- FEQ Burmese Teak Wood – $78-$90 / Squarefoot (Standard floors)
- FEQ Burmese Teak Wood – $95 + / Squarefoot (Oversize floors)
Please Note: These prices reflect the time and material associated with manufacturing your shower floor and does not include shipping or delivery charges. Special cuts , angled floors and over-sized teak shower floors are subject to additional charges.
Teak Shower Flooring Safety?
We all know the bathroom can be the most dangerous place in your home. The silica content of Teak Wood is very high, giving it a natural waxy non-skid resistance. Adding a Teak shower floor or bath mat to your bathroom or shower area will essentially eliminate the hazards of slick surface when it is wet.
Disclaimer: Carib Teak Inc. claims to no responsibility for any accidental or injury caused by misuse or improper installation of any of the products we manufacture. All products should be installed by a licensed and insured professional or contractor.
Featured on HGTV
In early July 2017 we were contacted by Magnolia Homes in search of a Teak Shower Floor. At first we were a little taken back by who had reached out to us, but after the initial contact with the Magnolia Homes team we were so excited to have been chosen to work with them and be a part of one of their show featured on HGTV’s Fixer Upper.
Teak Shower Flooring Maintenance
Proper maintenance helps your Teak Floor or Mat last a lifetime. Even though teak has a natural resistance to bacteria, mold, and mildew, soap residue or other impurities from your water may start to form some build-up. We recommend you perform routine cleanings every time you clean your shower or bathroom or when you notice some build-up. Keep in mind that even though teak is slip-resistant, a soapy build-up can compromise it. It is very important to clean the Teak surface regularly.
- Quick Clean – Apply water with a soft bristle brush (a mild soap solution can be useful as well). Lightly scrub the teak surface as well as the underside. Then rinse the teak surface with clean water and allow to air dry. Doing this every 2-3 weeks is sufficient.
- Deep Clean – Consider purchasing a Teak cleaning kit. You can find these kits anywhere online. Most kits come with cleaning solution, scrubbing brushes, conditioning oil, an oil applicator, gloves and a rags for cleanup. With regular cleaning, your teak products will continue to look great for many years. Depending on the size of your Teak floor we recommend calling in a professional teak cleaner. Professional cleaners have the right solutions that won’t strip the wood of its natural oils and non-slip characteristics. You can find commercial grade teak cleaning solutions from a variety of sources including boating supply stores, home centers or online.
- Weathered Teak – We recommend putting a little extra work if you want your weathered teak to look new again. Light sanding removes any silvery patina. Sanding the entire piece is highly recommended. Seal with teak conditioner or when finished.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to any questions about the Teak Shower Floors we manufacture in the message area of the form. The more information you provide the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Don’t forget to read our Policies Page and check us out on Facebook!