- Latin name: Juglans nigra
- Other Names: Walnut, Black Walnut
- Origin: Eastern USA and Southeastern Canada
- Appearance: Heartwood varies from a dark tan to deep chocolate depending on the amount of exposure to air and sunlight prior to drying. Varying grain from very straight to interlocking which may give a pronounced figuring. Pin knots may be prevalent.
- Common Uses: Architectural millwork, musical instruments, fine furniture, high end office furniture, accent walls and occasional cabinetry
- Finishing: Machining and Finishing properties are excellent. Stained and dyed easily and requires no special top-coats or finishes. Can be top-coated with oil and water-based stains, polyurethane, lacquer, conversion varnish, shellac and tung oil.
Quality & Grade
- Sapwood is only a defect in “A” face veneer plywood
- Other grades allow sapwood
- A1, A2, A4, and B2
- Plain Sliced Faces
- Veneer Core and MDF Core
- Dark Tan to Deep Chocolate
- Standard 4 x 8 Sheets readily available
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to copy and paste a list of the material you are inquiring about in the message area of the form. The more information you provide, like length(s), width(s), and thickness, the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Check out our Policies Page and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!