- Latin name: Entandrophragma cylindricum
- Other Names: Sapeli, Sapele Mahogany, Aboudikro
- Origin: Africa
- Appearance: Heartwood resembles a medium to dark reddish-brown color. Interlocking grain with a ribbon striped effect. The grain is straight, sometimes wavy and fine textured.
- Common Uses: Decorative veneer for architectural millwork, cabinetry and boat interiors
- Finishing: Machining and Finishing properties are excellent. Stained and dyed easily and requires no special top-coats or finishes. Can be top-coated with oil and water-based stains, polyurethane, lacquer, conversion varnish, shellac and tung
Quality & Grade
- Clear Grade
- A1, A2 and A4
- Plain Sliced and Quarter Sawn Faces
- Veneer Core
- Medium to Dark Reddish Brown
- Standard 4 x 8 Sheets readily available
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to copy and paste a list of the material you are inquiring about in the message area of the form. The more information you provide, like length(s), width(s), and thickness, the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Check out our Policies Page and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!