- Latin Name: Khaya
- Other Names: Khaya
- Origin: Africa
- Appearance: Light to a dark reddish-brown in color which can sometimes vary. Grain is usually interlocked to straight producing a ribbon like appearance.
- Common Uses: Alternative to Genuine Mahogany. Fine furniture, Cabinety Large millwork jobs, paneling and boatbuilding. It can sometimes be used as an alternative to Genuine Mahagony
- Finishing: Workability is great with excellent finishing properties. Stained and dyed easily and requires no special top-coats or finishes. Can be top-coated with oil and water-based stains, polyurethane, lacquer, conversion varnish, shellac and tung oil. It can also be used naturally for its unique characteristics in grain.
Quality & Grade
- A1 and B2
- Plain Sliced and Flat Sawn
- Veneer Core
- Minimal to no defects
- Light to a reddish-brown color
- Standard 4 x 8 sheets readily available
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to copy and paste a list of the material you are inquiring about in the message area of the form. The more information you provide, like length(s), width(s), and thickness, the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Check out our Policies Page and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!