- Latin Name: Shorea spp
- Other Names: Lauan Plywood
- Origin: Indonesia and Malaysia
- Appearance: Brownish/Pink in color. Grain can vary from straight to interlocked. Texture is coarse with a low natural luster. White resin streaks can sometime be present in the color.
- Common Uses: Lamination, custom cabinetry and interior/exterior applications
- Finishing: Typically, easy to work, although grain can sometimes have problems when planing. Blunting can occur on tools while machining. Glues, stains and finishes well.
Quality & Grade
- Marine Grade
- BB and CC
- Rotary Cut Face and Back
- Meranti Core, Veneer Core and Tropical Hardwood Core
- Brownish pink in color
- Standard 4 x 8 Sheets available upon request
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to copy and paste a list of the material you are inquiring about in the message area of the form. The more information you provide, like length(s), width(s), and thickness, the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Check out our Policies Page and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!