- Other Names: Genuine Teak, True Teak, Asian Teak, Java Teak, Tek, Teck, Jati, Burma Teak
- Origin: Native to India, Burma, Thailand, Indonesia, Philipines, and Java.
- Appearance: Heartwood dark golden yellow that turns to a dark brown with exposure to sunlight. Can vary in color when freshly milled showing blotches and streaks in various colors. Sapwood is usually pale yellow to creamy white. Grain straight and sometimes wavy. The Texture is coarse and uneven with a waxy feel due to high silica content.
- Density: Janka scale hardness is 1,155 for kiln dry material.
- Weight: 3.5 lbs. per board foot.
- Drying: Dries very slowly with little to no degrade.
- Workability: Easily worked when knives, blades, and cutters are very sharp. May have blunting effect over short period of time. Glues exceptionally well. May sometimes cause dermatitis to some individuals with skin allergies.
- Durability: Heartwood is very durable with resistance to termites, decay or rot.
- Preservation: Highly resistant to preservative treatments and stains.
- Finishing: Finishes well, Teak oil is a standard finish.
Quality & Grade
- FEQ Burmese Teak (First European Quality)
- Plain Sawn / Quarter Sawn – Mixed Grain
- No Sapwood
- Free of Defects
- Golden Brown Straight Consistent Grain
- Kiln Dried to 8-12% Moisture Content
Interesting FEQ Burmese Teak Wood Facts
- Teak does not warp, crack, or discolor when in direct contact with metals.
- Teak leaves were once used in the treatment of bacterial infections, fungal infections, ulcers, bronchitis, nausea, and even diabetes.
- The decks of he Titanic were covered with Teak Wood because of its non-skid properties.
Surfaced FEQ Burmese Teak Wood
We can surface your Burmese Teak Wood order in two different ways.
- S2S (Surfaced Two Sides) – The Burmese Teak Wood board(s) will be surfaced on both sides/faces to a smooth finish. Both edges remain rough and will need to be straightened by the customer or woodworker.
- S4S (Surfaced Four Sides) – The Burmese Teak Wood Board(s) will be surfaced on all four sides to a smooth finish. The board will be straight and ready for glue up.
Light sanding on surfaced sides/faces will be required by the customer or woodworker once the project is near complete.
Additional lead time may be required if your order requires surfacing.
Rough Cut Burmese Teak Wood
Our Rough Sawn Burmese Teak Hardwood Lumber is readily available for shipment within 24 to 48 hours of placing your order depending on our workload. The surfacing, edging, and finishing is completed by the customer or woodworker. The material has not been machined in anyway aside from being ripped on the band saw. The cost of this material is less than S2S or S4S Burmese Teak Wood Lumber.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to copy and paste a list of the material you are inquiring about in the message area of the form. The more information you provide, like length(s), width(s), and thickness, the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Check out our Policies Page and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!