- Latin name: Acer saccharum, A. nigrum
- Other Names: Rock Maple, Sugar Maple, White Maple
- Origin: USA and Canada
- Appearance: Creamy white to pinkish tinge. Surface is smooth, tight and dense. Heartwood ranges from dark brown to green to black. Usually sold as white maple due to its broadly defined uniform light color. Grain is closed and straight that is sometimes curly with a fine texture.
- Common Uses: Decorative veneer sometimes used for kitchen cabinetry and furniture. Excellent surface for painting.
- Finishing: Species is very hard and tough which is moderately difficult to machine. The finishing properties are great once it is machined properly. Stained and dyed easily and requires no special top-coats or finishes. Can be top-coated with oil and water-based stains, polyurethane, lacquer, conversion varnish, shellac and tung oil.
Quality and Grade
- Clear Grade
- A1, B2, C2, C4 and D3
- Rotary Cut and Plain Sliced Faces
- Veneer Core and MDF Core
- Creamy White to a pinkish tinge
- Standard 4 x 8 Sheet readily available
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to copy and paste a list of the material you are inquiring about in the message area of the form. The more information you provide, like length(s), width(s), and thickness, the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Check out our Policies Page and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!