- Project Name: FEQ Burmese Teak – Cut to Order – Brighton, MI
- Manufactured by: Carib Teak
- Project Date: October 10, 2019
- Wood Type: 4/4 S4S FEQ Burmese Teak
- Location: Brighton, MI
- Project time: 1 day
A client out of state contacted us looking for a durable hardwood that can withstand moisture in a bathroom. He had already started the project using another hardwood but the wood had started to curl and shrink. He was interested in using FEQ Burmese Teak wood as this hardwood can withstand the moisture indoors as well as outdoors. He had a list of cuts needed for his project as he was redoing the bathroom with a window frame, paneling and trim. We began by Planing, jointing and cutting all boards to the right width. We used 4/4 x 6″-8″ wide boards 10′-12′ Long. Using the clients drawing/list we cut each piece to order. The entire process took about 3 hours to accomplish. When packaging we labeled each section by group based on the customers drawing. The customer was so happy to receive the material already labeled for him which made it easier for his to begin his project!!
Characteristics of FEQ Burmese Teak Wood
- Other Names: Genuine Teak, True Teak, Asian Teak, Java Teak, Tek, Teck, Jati
- Native to India, Burma or Thailand
- Easily worked with sharp knives or blades
- Heartwood is resistance to termites, decay or rot
- Dark golden brown in color. Can sometimes vary in color when freshly milled exhibiting pink to yellow tones but darkens when in sunlight
- Waxy feel due to high silica content
- Finishes well, Teak oil is suggested for standard finish
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to copy and paste a list of the material you are inquiring about in the message area of the form. The more information you provide, like length(s), width(s), and thickness, the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Check out our Policies Page and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook and Instagram!