- Project Name: Sapele Privacy Gate – Palm Beach Island, Fl
- Manufactured by: Carib Teak
- Project Date: April 25, 2018
- Wood Type: 12/4 RS Sapele
- Location: Palm Beach Island, Fl
- Project time: 3 days
We were eager to work with a local client on Palm Beach Island, Fl to update their privacy gate throughout the exterior of their home. This local couple frequents their summer home to enjoy the calming ocean, sunny weather and beautiful ocean breeze. Throughout the compound there are warm red tones of Sapele wood surrounding the area. This beautiful wood is primarily used for their privacy gates throughout the home as well as exterior walls and partitions. Most of the gates are made with 12/4 or 3″ thick Sapele slabs cut to width and length. These unique Sapele slabs are a beautiful mix between the modern touch of the home and warm feel of the wood. Creating a warm and “lived in” feel for all guests who visit. This warm red wood is great for exterior applications due to its rot resistance. Sapele wood can withstand all outdoor elements such as sun and salt. Due to its Cedar wood smell this scent signifies its resistance to termite infestation. We are eager to see the next project this couple has up their sleeve!
Interesting Sapele Hardwood Facts
- Sapele Hardwood Lumber is twice as hard as Maple and has a strength similar to oak.
- Sapele Hardwood Lumber is commonly used to manufacture guitars and ukeleles.
- Sapele is derived in Central Africa and is a very common hardwood in Europe, especially Germany.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to copy and paste a list of the material you are inquiring about in the message area of the form. The more information you provide, like length(s), width(s), and thickness, the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Check out our Policies Page and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!