- Project Name: Burmese Teak Shower Floor
- Manufactured by: Carib Teak
- Project Date: August 1, 2018
- Wood Type: 8/4 S4S FEQ Burmese Teak
- Location: Pompano, Florida
- Project time: 7 days
- Accessories: Watco Teak Oil
At the beginning of July we were contacted by an Interior Design Firm requesting a custom Teak Shower Floor. Once we spoke with the Design Firm and got an idea for their project, we got to work! We worked together with the firm Greight Spaces to create a “Spa” Shower Experience for their client. Made with FEQ Burmese Teak wood we manufactured the Teak Shower Floor within budget and time. The client was concerned about a slope in the Shower Pan. We suggested to use adjustable feet to adjust floor as our rubber feet are stationary. We began the process by hand selecting each piece of FEQ Burmese Teak board. This process ensures all our battens are free of imperfections. We then start milling and manufacturing the floor to specs provided by the client. This process is about a 2-3 day process to allow for procurement of floor. Lastly, we oiled the floor to seal it. This process is generally done once a year or when you see the Teak fade in color. Generally, most Teak Shower Floors we manufacture are set inside the shower pan allowing for 1/4″ to 1/2″ gap on all sides. This allows the client to easily remove the floor when time for cleaning. However, the client requested a Spa Shower feel to their shower and placed the floor directly in the middle of the shower pan allowing 1″-2″ gap around floor. They then placed calming rocks around the floor the create the Spa Shower. We were so happy to be a part of their creative project and look forward to working together again!
FEQ Burmese Teak Shower Floor Maintenance
Proper maintenance helps your Teak Floor or Mat last a lifetime. Even though teak has a natural resistance to bacteria, mold, and mildew, soap residue or other impurities from your water may start to form some build-up. We recommend you perform routine cleanings every time you clean your shower or bathroom or when you notice some build-up. Keep in mind that even though teak is slip-resistant, a soapy build-up can compromise it. It is very important to clean the Teak surface regularly.
- Quick Clean – Apply water with a soft bristle brush (a mild soap solution can be useful as well). Lightly scrub the teak surface as well as the underside. Then rinse the teak surface with clean water and allow to air dry. Doing this every 3-4 weeks is sufficient.
- Deep Clean – Consider purchasing a Teak cleaning kit. You can find these kits anywhere online. Most kits come with cleaning solution, scrubbing brushes, conditioning oil, an oil applicator, gloves and a rags for cleanup. With regular cleaning, your teak products will continue to look great for many years. Depending on the size of your Teak floor we recommend calling in a professional teak cleaner. Professional cleaners have the right solutions that won’t strip the wood of its natural oils and non-slip characteristics. You can find commercial grade teak cleaning solutions from a variety of sources including boating supply stores, home centers or online.
- Weathered Teak – We recommend putting a little extra work if you want your weathered teak to look new again. Light sanding removes any silvery patina. Sanding the entire piece is highly recommended. Seal with teak conditioner or when finished.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Thank you for choosing CaribTeak.com for your Exotic and Domestic Lumber Products needs. Simply fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
Feel free to copy and paste a list of the material you are inquiring about in the message area of the form. The more information you provide, like length(s), width(s), and thickness, the quicker and more accurately we are able to exceed your expectations! Check out our Policies Page and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!